Sunday, January 6, 2013

another song

Lily

When I dream, I dream of my sweet Lily
a flower in the field of flowers
with whom I long to while away the hours
in  whom love is kind like the softness of rain
without I find only loneliness and it's brother pain

Now I ride to my certain doom
because where I go, no flower will grow
will she ever really know
that  I love her true
that she loves me too

If  I could  dream again it would be of dearest  Lily
a  lady  above all other desires
with whom only I can feel this fire
in whom gentleness is like the feel of silk
her skin spotless and sweet as milk

Now I ride to my certain doom
for fame and renown, for honor and death
will she be bereft
on that morning  so blue
on that day so new.

If I had  only dreamed of  my love like  Lily
a woman who holds my very heart
my steps would seek another start
take back to her loving arms
away from this fate, away  from harm

Now I ride to my certain doom
mercy is denied for men like me
will  I never be free
to go  home to my Lily, my wife
to find her smile  on my lips, my  life.



another song, a cavalier song for the Gentry

No comments:

Post a Comment