Wednesday, January 3, 2018

STAY


S T A Y

YOU went away.
Leaving me here alone, even though
I begged, begging you to not go.
Watching your truck fades
into the haze that comes in tears
blurring my eyes, out of sight
out of mind
out of memory.

DADDY,
When I try to remember you
you're just slightly out of focus, the dust in the fields
at sunset, the flash of light on your teeth as you
smile, laughing as the dog runs this way
like a photograph is frozen in time
trembling in my clutched hand
as the physics defy
logic as you drive
over the event horizon
into my memory

I AM
lost here without you, 
life has become a series of unsolvable
math problems left on the chalkboard in your old
office, stacked paper drifts like the dust that
collects in the fields outside
I have almost forgotten the farmhouse
save that it was the last time I saw
you holding my hand
promising that you weren't
ever going away
that
after all this
you would
S T A Y







No comments:

Post a Comment