Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This is a repost but with the Art Poetry Art update. What is Lost,

Painting by Julia Patterson. 
 What is Lost...

It's sometime in the morning, somewhere before the dawn
breaks into the twilight that comes after the moon
passes from the cloudy skies obscuring the stars
that were there before I went to sleep knowing that
there would be something I had lost when the light
comes creeping into my bedroom and I can still
stand the empty sheets
the place where you would have slept, 
the fears that you could have kept 
the moments of doubt that were left
are all I have now here bereft of 
my tears like echoes of "I love yous".

It's like memories of a relationship in my dreams
falling soft like feathers fluttering through my mind
like the words that fall from my lips like drops of rain
meanings without implications, desires midst the need
that you wanted from me and were lost when I stopped
trying to fight from the minute that is all I have left 
to blame in the end
All the ink and all the paper on the table
all the justifications, all reasons to enable
all the maybes and all the endearments fail
I am alone and I cannot offer any apology
that is not static, repeated or stale.

the ones that I have loved are now all that
I have lost, it wasn't old nor was it anything
that I believed to be true- 
it was more like my whisper that I wanted to
to find what was constant, what could have
been as simple as saying
I love you.

Variant with the poem overlaid.

About the Artist.
Julia Patterson is from Kentucky, she is a lover of animals, having
many as pets/companions over the years.
She is also an advocate for animal rights/fair treatment.
She is also very talented writer.
She is also a very good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment