Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Poem

I walked along that lonely street
where I always wanted to meet
this woman who I thought would make me complete
But all I seem to find
is little enough to remind me
that such dreams I should have left behind

I walked along some empty beach
out of sight, almost out of reach
hoping to find some poem that would sing not preach
But all I found was a colorless shell
like my lack of emotion, nothing to tell
like a moon without reflection down deep in a bottomless well.

I walk alone with little enough to show
not much to find or even to know
this is not about a song or having a reason to go
Did you see that woman? I must have passed her by
I can't remember if I gave her a try
its like I have no more tears to cry
it like I have no more fears from which to fly
its like something got stuck in my eye
its like words without meaning a thing
its like a poem without lines or inking

No comments:

Post a Comment