Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nights of Starlight and Revenge

She was at once a dream or rather what you would wake up from and for the life of you not be able to convince yourself was real- so in this way she was like a dream.
It was morning following a night unlike other nights save for the stars in the sky which were burning bright
so bright that calling them stars was more like say a banshee could scream
It was obvious that I had not seen all that there was to see, nor felt all that there had been to touch, the smell and taste of her was like chocolate and something ironic like blood
She was the child of possibilities and I the bastard born of revenge, the obtuse recluse and the beautiful fool all together not like oil, gold dust and mud.

Where did she come but from stardust and the madness of self creation? Her eyes are fire from heaven and her scent the absinthe of mint and cream
She comes only at night when all the world lies in their collective beds sleeping the dreams of death and life, the Danse Macabre of ash and steam
In and out of the shadows and the light and the drum beats of my heart, was it my heart or was it only my
imagination running wild
this vision of beauty, of madness, of silk, run and run faster, my visions are not for those low on courage or with fears found in the eyes of the child.

I sing this song for you my love
I sing this song for me and my love
I sing because it is all I can do
without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment