Monday, August 12, 2013

There was snow.


As I lay dying in the snow, I could see the bleakness of the sky empty of life save for one solitary bird flying across my vision like a soul preceding my own.
I can remember how cold I felt, as if the snow were the warmth of my mother's embrace before I would be born into the coldness of the morning that seeped into my joints.
I felt the blood more than saw it as it abandoned my body, warm but cooling as it rushed out of my wound into the crushed ice around me.
I felt so alone as I waited for death as if he were an old friend that I no longer talked to, but knew would eventually come around if I would just wait long enough.
Then you were there running into my field of vision, the scream upon your lips like the shrill sound of emotion torn from a lover that has been forgotten in the past.

As I lay dying in the failing of the light. I found that I would not pass from this world alone. You were there and your touch reminded me of how we had lost so much.
Time slips aways from us, hours become seconds as you pull me
out of the cold wash that I committed the last of my life to meet the coming darkness, to greet my end.
I can remember the greenness of your eyes as they begged me to live, your tears are hot where they fall onto my skin
Is this what love feels like I wonder unaware that I have spoken the words through my parched lips until you blur my eyesight with the proximity required of a lasting kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment