Thursday, April 23, 2015

Flight

The man waits in the belly of the great silver bird.
He sings to himself a familiar song, he sings this tune
Oh Mother Mother Earth release me so that
I can go see my Father Sky, so way up high
above you Mother Earth. Cast me forth into
the wind with all your might, then Father Sky
can catch me in this holy flight.
Oh Father Father Sky receive me into your
welcoming arms, hold me there so far away
from the world that harms. Take me away over
the clouds so high, upon the eagle's wings, let
me hear the angel's cry.
Then oh Father Father Sky let me go back down
to ground away from your bright face, Send me back
to Mother Earth's soft embrace, so that I might
find my sleep in the star filled night as from your
hands I shall end my flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment