Monday, May 30, 2016

I would lose it all for love


Doubt,
You're just a lie I let myself believe
a means without ends, nothing to achieve
the very threat all mouth no clout
lacking confidence action undermined
taking the time to know that is not how
I choose to be defined.

I want to be kissed
I want all that I have missed
letting my fears drive me away
I didn't talk, I thought I had
nothing to say.
I want to be embraced
to understand that I am not
just something someone
replaced.

Silence,
You're what I thought I should fear,
living alone, no one to even care.
someplace without anyone to hold,
now I know that there is a life out
there with warmth away from the cold.

I want to be kissed
I want all that I have missed.
I want that song to take me far away,
I want to stand by you at the close
of the day,
I long for your embrace,
a moment alone- face to face.

The song says,
I don't care if my heart breaks
I don't care what they all say,
my response is- well if that is
all that it takes, let me find my
own way, I am going to pay
what I want to pay,
and if my heart breaks
then I can say that I did
it all, lost it all- for love.


credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment