Saturday, December 24, 2016

Solstice and others.


Winter's Heart
Along the windswept road
a long way from hearth and home
I stand adrift, I am alone.
the coldness creeps into my soul
I am bereft, I am so old.
Some poems are of truth, 
the vitality of youth.
some are of love, some tears
the wisdom gained from all those years.
the snow is soft, deceptively bright
I am in the thick of it, on the road tonight.


 I will not say bah humbug
nor will I grinch my way to bed
I will wish you all well & fine
be equal to mine
that said, may all your joy


Is it ever Christmas of the Hoth?
Frozen snow, freezing ice, zero degrees
sugar & spice
My hot chocolate is cold, the marshmallows
are lumpy ice.
I wished my fellows a happy holiday,
they threw snowballs at me all day
we made snow x-wings, we sang 
some carols about stormtroopers
until Solo proved to be a party pooper.
The princess is pretty cold but nicely brave
she yelled at Han, but Chewie she forgave.
That goldenrod droid told tale & talked
while the trashcan beeped and squawked.
We hugged and exchanged our gifts
Is there Christmas on Hoth? Probably not.




No comments:

Post a Comment