Friday, January 20, 2012

the first time I willfully kill anything


Killing Bear

Gun thundered, tarnished chrome in my hand
Whiplash recoil heavy again
Three eighty screaming its name
Innocence lost in the blast of its flame

Pop so loud my ears cannot hear
Now ringing now nothing only noise
Holes punch through screen and the glass
Leaving smoking white chare marking its pass

The first bullet grazed the head blowing off an ear
Fur flew in bits blood sprayed small clouds
The kill is in from the second shot like a rock
My hands shake so much I fear the next shock

The gun fires again three four and five
Each burst slows him but will not stop
He will die but how long must we wait
My aim is lost, my mouth is bile, I learn to hate

With each puncture my hand steadies the pistol
My deafness and feeling becomes complete
I am overwhelmed by infallible fear
All this I have done while killing bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment