Sunday, September 22, 2013

Just another teenage love poem

Let's set the mood.
let the wild insane guitar riffs began.

When I was young I used to think that love was meant for everyone
But those days are gone.
Wow, that is a cliched as you can get. It is isn't just moody but when
you want to write about love and failure to love, you have to give as
good as it can get.
Poems like songs about love and sadness, Hope and madness
truth or dare, find a bottle to spin it, kissing in a closet then hug
pretend to confess.
Our love, that sweet emotion that messes with the mind and
confounds the soul. Is this all we can show that enough spilled
ink that is now being replaced by desperate text messages
scrawling misspelled conjectures of passion unfulfilled.
When I was younger than all of this, I found as if by chance my very
first kiss. it was too much like a fairy tale, much has changed
in life and relationships. I remained true to my beliefs that
hope and promises would not fade not break that her words
would prevail.
Even with all the phrases being restated and recreated.
Even with every movie being remade and desecrated.
Even if you have heard it a hundred times or written it into
a thousand rhymes.
Even if you I say I love you, he say I love you or she says I love you.
It doesn't stop it from being, at the end of all things, tried and true.
It doesn't stop us from saying it again as one thing about Love is
that it is forever fresh and eternally new.

So is the pain and the tears and the days of  sleepless despair
over the loss and heartbreak that follows poems around like
a storm clouds in the melancholic air.








No comments:

Post a Comment