Tuesday, September 10, 2013

SCAT - This is one way I feel

Scat
This is one way I would express what I feel
in a completely Ski bi di bi do bap bap doo
way. It's like making noises when there is just nothin'
left to re re be ba do ba do to say.
When I cannot say I love you, I just go all wa wah 
I dada dah lah de dah rah until the words fall
free from my lips

This is the way I sing to you, as my minds races
around allalala reppidy do ve doo as I watch you
move in time and my heart does back flips
Shimming around in that dress that rides along
with my imagination to the swing of of your ooh 
lah lah hips.

This is all I can manage to getta gotta getta go
run and my tongue thins thick between my teeth
as I try again to shebe do dah alla mo da sing
the way that the masters sang until the music 
comes along and I hear you memory slides
between the notes that my scat is trying to play

skip bip bip blip as my heart rattles out in time
to my voice. Ski bi bi bing I skip across the stage
in defiance of gravity, in defiance of my age
I will ski daddle with the best of them as you
move in time to the ski da da bah bah bada bull
lull of this the music of my mouth.

It's always like this when I see you in my dreams
in my arms, like a vi da voom kind of ski bi bi de
run across the room until the music takes away 
all that is real as it see see seems. This much is my song
this much is true. If I can do then so can you.

Dedicated to the Scatman and Sinatra.

No comments:

Post a Comment