Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Free falling

Sometimes I just want to bid this world goodbye-
going to jump out into the abyss,
going to reach out and kiss the sky.

Sometimes I just find I cannot face what life brings
looking down at the lands below me 
going to spread my arms like a bird's wings,

Sometimes I remember how the wind felt against my face-
going to try to remember that somewhere out there
I can still find my place.
Sometimes I just want to free fall into the wide open blue
going to reach out into the ether 
going to find the clouds, find the love I once had for you.
I want to remind myself what it was like to learn how to fly
going to walk with the gods in the heavens
going to believe in one more attempt, I am willing to try.
Sometimes I just want to forget the earth below me
knowing that I will eventually have to return
but now for this one moment I have, I am free. 




No comments:

Post a Comment