Friday, August 8, 2014

Aftermath

The rains had fallen is steady waves mirroring the destrcution of all the things I had known
or rather I thought I had known.
There were no more tears to be cried, everyone that it mattered to had already lived and died.
There was only the road upon which a thousands storms had worn smooth what once was rough
yet still the ghosts that surround me continue to whisper.
Was it enough? Was it enough?
Yet, if there was more I could have done, I would gladly redo it, I would reap the whilrwind once again, i would forget that I had paid all my dues, i would stride back across the world wasteland
just for one moment more to spend with you. 

The winds roll the few remaining clouds across the wide open skies each day, the memory of the rains wasting away like the promises I made but even as I made them I knew that they could not
be kept, like the space I wanted to preserve on my bed where once you had slept.
I shall not regret all that has passed, these are words to be unwritten, feelings that must remain unwept for if I am to remain walking down this desolate road knowing no end to that which I am not looking for.
The echoes of the laughter follow close behind, the ringing of her voice is still around me, here to nudge me, ever to remind.... of the days when I welcomed the sun and the rains, when nothing would harm me and by your side I would stand, smile in hand, as if that was all that life would
demand.

There is only the road now, the broken bits of pavement, the glassed remains of the places to travel
nothing is left to see. Was it for truth that you left. was it for love, was it for me?
Life is about the struggle, life is about the loss, life is about life and death and the tragedy.
I feel like MacBeth on this road, left the burn away like ash in the wind, I will strut and fret no more on this stage, I will not be remembered like the last words you wrote upon the pages of my heart. I am the idiot and the fool, who's tale will not be heard as your touch slips away down this lonesome path.
I walk on into the future, I walk away from the past, I walk on not knowing the outcome of all that I have won and lost in this our aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment