Friday, February 20, 2015

Hope is a slight and shadowed Thing.

Some days start with rain and storms- I want to stay in bed, cover my head and wail only as loud
as the noise outside my window pane, but I will abstain as I want to remain unnoticed by the dream that sleeps beside me. She is so beautiful that I want her to continue though the dawn erases her presence from my bed.
Instead, I gird up my loins, rising to meet the day and the stress, I will shower and dress, finding some food I will try to suppress all that would come down with this ever present rain, down to depress to remind me of the constant strain that each day brings down so hard on my brain.
Some days turn out to be sunny as if to say that it really would be funny to take that dread that stays clouding in my head as if to say here's so jam for your bread instead. Some days end with the most beautiful sunsets as if all the despair was worth that one moment that sings on my heart's frets like the strings that the night will bring and I can look forward once again to falling back into sleep, those promises that she said she would keep, the vow that shines and gleams as my lady returns to haunt me with sweet presence in my dreams.
Hope is a slight and shadowed thing that only the immersion of REM will bring.
Now my soul sings to the presence beside me as we slip away into memory on imaginations wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment