Monday, August 22, 2016

Mixing Metaphors

Well we could have stood there all night talking until the cows turned blue
She was watching like I was a hawk, It was what we owed, it was our due.
She whispered that I must be a wolf in cheap clothing because her heart
was racing her brain to a tied finish . She said I want me to need you.
You could have knocked me over with a fender. I will get you by hook
or ladder, It wouldn't really matter, I could read this moment like the back
of a book. It was almost all it took, just a nod, a kiss, and another long but
quick look.
Love is as easy as falling off a piece of cake. She just stood there and shot
the wind out of my saddle, She blew me a hug as she turned back to go.
It was so real even if it was just for show.
It's like this, I want to get my curveball love straight to her heart.
I want to step up to the plate by laying all my cards on her table
If I am able, I will audition my desire for the part, if I am able.
It's like wanting a microwave when all I have is satellite or cable.



A secret nod to Mister Jim Carlton for a little big distraction on writing this whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment