Thursday, August 11, 2016

On Coffee and Toast

Thursday morning, a cup of Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Glazed Coffee
with Peppermint Patty creamer and whole wheat toast with salted butter
and Strawberry preserves, the butter just beginning to melt. These are
the moments that I cherish the most. I am eclectic and eccentric as
I pause to sip, collect some thoughts, the moment is as static and staid
as time slides out of view, micro electric.
The sun plays shadows into the screened porch, the song fades away
as the music from iTunes throbs out into the vacancy left by the silence of
what I am about to write. The vestiges of all I am and have dreamt slip
sliding away into the memories of last night. I look for words, the chirps
of birds, the barking of my two dogs chasing the elusive squirrel up into
the trees that are all about surrounding the house, the sentence that
complicates my life so resoundingly.
Perhaps, I digress; Perhaps, I should just confess that I am in love with
the words that spill out onto the screen. Perhaps, I should just admit that
is just the effects of caffeine. Perhaps, I should walk away into my
imagination, leave this world so deceptively peaceful and quiet.
Perhaps I should have another cup of solace, perhaps I should
offer my thanks to this place, my creation, my palace.
Can I finish this thought, requestion everything I have written?
Should I play with the dogs or just get another kitten?
The toast was tasty and sweet, another cup of coffee makes this ponderance
complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment