Sunday, June 9, 2013

Adagio for the Strings of my Soul


There is a moment between the sweetness of sadness
and the movements of the violin's strings
where I find resolution and serenity, where I can see
a pattern in the orbits of Celestial beings

There is a idea that forms in the melancholy stillness
of the such harmonious sound
where time is meaningless, where I can feel my soul
is lifted above the limits of the ground

There is something I cannot define in the separation
between the music and the imaginings of my mind
It is like the flight through the universe in order to remind
me of those I have left so very far behind

I look back to the ones I have known both among those
still living and those who are dead
There is no measurement in our regrets, having left things
undone, unwritten and unsaid.

Can I find the emotion that my song brings like the stuff
from which the universe can be made of
Can I sum up one life in one moment without even the
a quartet played in the fullness of my love



For my Brother, Stephen
and a fulfillment of his dreams

Here's what I mean by that


In Saturn's Rings - Work in Progress shots from non-profit IMAX space film from Stephen van Vuuren on Vimeo.
More footage : http://vimeo.com/33933151

In March 2011, the first footage (http://vimeo.com/11386048) from my non-profit IMAX film In Saturn's Rings went viral, resulting in 3.8 million hits and 1.3 million plays & media coverage in over 250 countries.

Some viewers expressed disbelief that the footage was created only from real photographs. Here are a few unfinished, work-in progress shots from the film. In these incomplete shots, it is much easier to see that only real photographs are being used. Much more work will be done on all these shots to improve them.

I'm creating the film on home-built computers running Adobe Photoshop & After Effects. Let me know if you'd like to help.

Work in Progress Shots

#1 “Earth to Moon” (from 50,000+ photographs)
#2 “Shuttle Flyover” (from 1,000+ photographs)
#3 “Ring Twirl” (from 10,000+ photographs)
#4 “Big Bang Test” (from 20,000,000+ photograph instances)

Master is 5.6k resolution (5600 x 4200 pixels) with all work done in 32-bit floating point color space to preserve
photographs from artifacts.

No 3D models, CGI or texture maps used!

http://www.insaturnsrings.com/

Not-for-profit animated IMAX film in production by a single filmmaker. Visit the site to make a tax-deductible contribution to support the film.

Much thanks to everyone who has supported and contributed to this. This is the beginning, just a taste of incredible things to come.

This is still a work-in-progress and it's an art film, not a science film.

No comments:

Post a Comment