Monday, June 17, 2013

Cast Iron Wolf

Cast Iron Wolf

Out of the darkness, comes the iron man running
into the light, the thunder of his passing shaking
the ground.
Did I only dream of the glint of menace in the glare
of his eye shields, was it only my imagination
that made it seem so real?
I run with wolves amidst the ruins of the only world
that I have even known, we are shadows racing 
towards the violence of the sound
Did I witness the path on which my life is heading,
nowhere to turn, ever the straight path forever
at the pace of the men of steel.

I find no mercy in this the race with no end in sight.
Is this my last chance to don the armor or to stand
in the sun under the stars in the night?

We raise our weapons under the brilliance of this
our final dance into the clouds into the sky
We raise our voices to shout with contempt and joy
for justice and honor making it our battle cry

Hear our howls as we charge into the melee of the 
fight, will we win this day for all that we hold true
or die in our ambition to be among the right?
I am only one man in this skin that shields my
intent, the goals of my youth unwritten unspent
for there is much that I still want to believe, to 
accept that I can want to feel...
Meanwhile I will keep on running to maintain 
this requirement to hold to this pace
until I come to meet with my destiny face to face.


No comments:

Post a Comment