Monday, October 13, 2014

The Perils of Sleep


In Darkness
Sinking into the meditation of silence
like drops of of water falling in a cave so deep so silent
that each splash rockets its impact out like the
sound of shattering glass 
then the tinkling ringing of each shards flight
flashes out into the imagine 
like stars out and a way
into the eternal night.

I sleep
dreaming of the the spaces between shadows
and the fading light
I run in and out of these sharp edged visions
as if I am but one more ghost
floating with the mists that surround the borders
of the secrets that I would like to keep
from the echoes drifting
down into my sleep

If I awake 
from the suffocations of fretful sheets
will I be conscious that I actually crossed
paths with an omen of my future
like a child's prayer warding her own fears
against the creatures that encircle 
her bed as she cries out
against the terrors that fills
the inside of her head?




No comments:

Post a Comment