Thursday, October 2, 2014

a question of being

One of my heros has opened the floor to questions.
Amanda Palmer is a personal favorite.















What kind of question should I write when faced with this kind of calamity
should I wax philosophic or just wrestle with my mediocrity?
Am I hoping that she will provide a deeper insight into my world
quite unlike her own, from the perceptions of life as if her brave, 
I am woman wisdom will pass onto to the crazed I am human
courage unfurled like the banners I wish to fly, the dreams I have left 
untried, along with my fears and the hidden tears left uncried.
Can i hope to ask the something that will be notice worthy?
Will my meager request pass the muster of what will be thousands 
of pleas and queries from voices more desperate than me.
Is it not enough, that we think is similar circles? is it not enough
that I can simply sit across the vastness of the information sea,
and give the royal yell to my fellow voyager of non-conformity? 

So this is what i will ask although I suspect that I am not the first.
At leas this will not be much more than the worst to ask what moves you
out of the blandness, out past the fog of apathy to inspire the words that
you share when all else in the world does not pity nor care
how do you reach, how do you find it in yourself to dare
how is it that the stars still shine in this universe of seeing
it's a not so simple question of believing and being?

No comments:

Post a Comment