Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bittersweet Moments of Kate

Whenever I close my eyes to dream away the hours that fill the spaces
in between the shadows and sun haze, I find myself deep within the
emerald essence held in her steady gaze, I want to blink but I won't
I want to hold her but I don't, It feels like a now or never, yet she is
unsubstantial as any ghost is ever, I want to kiss this phantom that
walks in my sleep, I want her to materialize out of my imagination's
deep. I want to reach out from where I lie upon the sheets, as if I can
grasp at the wisps of this vision to have, hold and keep.
She is after all, an illusion that haunts me in the dark of the night,
She is my desire made manifest, my subconscious reminder slipping
silently swift until the dream woman slides out of sight. Only her
mocking challenge remains asking me to follow, believe in everything
like hope on gossamer wings, floating like daffodils adrift in the
star reflections of this my moonlit stream, was it just a dream?
Is nothing at all what it seems but just the hint of some exotic sweet
perfume, the flash of feeling as if her presence still fills my empty
room, If I open my eyes, I am forced to admit defeat, I have to face
another life with only the memory of her kiss driving me on with
trepidation in order to meet the promise that she gives me each
mystic feathery night, Come find me, she teases as if this is just
the answer that each day I have steadily grown to love and to hate.
Such is the bittersweet moments of Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment