Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Give me Steam


Look at the way the wind blows
in the wisps like the spirits of a dream.
Look at the cloud bank rolls across 
the remains of the morn.
All will vanish into the grey illusions 
from which the mysteries are borne.
This is what I can see, she whispered
this is what I will give you, steam!

Witness the tendrils reaching out
of the darkness of the surrounding night.
Feel the chill that comes creeping along
with the touch of the southern wind.
Slithering slinking through the town 
like the nightmares lean and finned,
that swim along in this vacuum
as it covers the sky, erasing the light.

Watch until all is covered by this
silent silvery shadow we call mist.
We lesser gods dance in the wet smoke
remembering our world before it broke.
The rest of mankind will curse and spit
then flee back safely inside lickity split.
Give everything running through your head,
give it soon or else you will all be dead.

I am after all, nothing but
 a figment of your imagination.
The darker mirrored agitation.
Now do me the favor of your scream,
Give your all, give me Steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment