Thursday, January 21, 2016

Song for Rebecca Rachel Goldstein

Hair as dark as the raven's wings
the silent beat of shadows of long
forgotten things, like the gossamer
flutter of the fingers stroking upon
my long asleep heart strings.
skin as smooth as soft stone sides
of the marble die that I cradle in my
hand contemplating what role I will
take when the game demands that
we meet to play this our lives in
a different way.
Eyes speckled with clouds rings of
stardust that sparkle with her mirth
as I try to tease the words that will
capture the way I feel whenever she
smiles at me with her eyes.
A chance meeting was all it required
to drive out the love that I had not
known hiding inside, the seconds
between our first touch, almost too
much as the separations somewhere
it would seem before I come to sleep
wondering if I was so lucky to have
again this chance to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment