Friday, July 1, 2016

That was one crazy storm to be out driving in!

That was one crazy storm to be out driving in!
She said, turning to me, a mad look in her eyes
like a spark of electricity misfiring within.
The trepidation at war with then need to conform
had driven me to come to here through this storm.

What drove you to do such a foolish kind of thing?
She whispered over her coffee, giddy with caffeine 
I long for her smile, the repartee that she brings.
I feel warm and churlish, wet and chilled to the skin
I would brave any obstacle just to be here again.

I wanted to be with you in the mad summer rages
I answer, shivering like an overexcited hound
to be daring, her hero from out of a book's pages.
She laughs at me, the thunder rolls in her voice
She knows now that I never really made the choice.


a little bit of credit to my pal, Stefanie Brock Stanford
for a tiny bit of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment