Friday, November 25, 2016

For Teri Wilcox.

Teri, 


She is the moment between I love you and the echo of I know.
I want to say I cannot live without you in my life, but I do.
Whisper my name her eyes tell me, say the words I still hear
these are the breaths in which I am with her, this is her 
song, I want to hear.
Something like fate that pulled us together, the way
she held her hands around the coffee cup at the cafe in the
late evening air, a movie past, too brief a window to miss,
my own fears warring against my nature to engage closer
the shadow of doubt creeps the chills vying with the thrills
aim then ask, the rest of the night to come, I will remember this.
The song resounds in my head, "it was only one kiss," I 
reach out for consent, patience, be patient, let her make the choice
soft silken images, filter through my hesitations, the laughter
is there in her voice. 
Take the time, tell her, that it's all subliminal happenstance,
moving around her chair, the seconds before the music stops,
the table rocks, then she there with you, the return, the smile,
the touch, the idea, this is my dreams come true, drifting to
and fro, the twirl, the dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment