Saturday, November 26, 2016

Morgan's Lament

                                                                                                                                                                   I was born to become a princess not another man's spouse.
live in a castle, not a cave or a windswept ruin of a house
I was going to live as a lady in a high tower safe from harm,
I was to be married to a gallant knight, my hand on his arm. 
Destiny be damned, if I must be the villain, then that is what I am. 

I had a father until your father betrayed and murdered him.

Oh how could the feys be so cruel, so macabre, so grim!   
I had a mother until you father deceived and stole her away,
He called it love, while I call it rape, what's more to say?
My mother wept, her children orphaned while we slept.

I had a brother until that mystic stole him from her breast.

Changed him into something I would grow in time to detest.
I had a brother who would come to be everything I hate,
All that should have be mine, His- ironic twist of fate!
The Age will come to an end, nothing left to defend.

I will have my revenge, for all that has been taken from me.

My name will be whispered in corners as children cry, flee.
I will have justice, the scales will be balanced eventually
No one will escape their doom, just you wait and see.
The crown will slip then fall, the bastard returns proud tall.

The loom will falter, the mirror cracks from side to side,

blood on the needle, the trickle will become the tide
traps were laid, plans carefully made and then betrayed,                                              
let the storm come over the battlefields dead and grayed
let the waters wash away my regret, I am determined, set.

I have never known what is was to be loved or to love as well

hold someone in my embrace, captured in a singular spell
I have never been touched with anything softer than a switch
having been called a whore, a wanton fool, a conniving witch
There will be no more tears, no more hope, no more fear.

I Remember You by Nightt-Angell, ©2011-2016 Nightt-Angell Deviant Art

Credit to Heather Dale for Mordred's Lullaby and just being an awesome Arthurian Songwriter.




No comments:

Post a Comment