Tuesday, August 21, 2012

boys this needs work


Memoirs of a Romantic

Alone in a café in Vienna, I sit pondering the perplexity of my wasted youth
Lost to love, I was- I am a rather romantic man now dead to my desires.
I longed for this foolish and ponderous game that has ruled and ruined my life
Was it all worth it?
The crushed flowers, the hot feel of their slaps on my face, the slamming doors, the wrecked cars, the shattered windows, the melted chocolates, the spilled perfume
Was it all worth risking the danger, the excitement of running down the empty streets
Of Paris dodging the gunfire but still ending with bullet holes in my breaking heart
Was it all worthy of such passion that I would give that heart away again or wear it upon the proverbial sleeve of desire for the company of women
They are kind and cruel and passionate and cold, they are a perplexity of contradictions
Contractions, retractions, utter change at the drop of my hat they decide my eternal fate
I am done with love and lust, I am done with effort and accomplishment
Forever I will find myself alone at table in ideal locations
Like this solitary table in a café in Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment