Saturday, August 18, 2012

For Crissy





In these dreams we will meet
in the ecstacy of fading sleep
in separate beds and separate sheets
together in the darkness deep.

Across the nights of our lives 
across the summers of heat so sharp
that now in my winter its hard to remember what it was 
to be so excited so alive.


Perhaps our sexes did not allow for this union
perhaps our fates were not entwined 
the hours are passed the moments are defined
now I only see you in my past now I can only picture you in my mind.

In my dreams you still come to my bed
in my sleep you are no longer dead
in our tears we walk side by side 
although I am still behind while you are ahead.

Together yet apart
too late for anything to start
I miss you like I miss my art
you are my muse and I miss being in your heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment