Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Truth about Men and Dogs


Men and Dogs

“Men are Dogs!” she said with a sneer. “Men are Dogs” she said again and I agreed.
“But you’re a man?” she replied. Thank you I said, I have really tried.

“So you are saying that you are a dog.” disbelief masking her face.
No. rather we- that is men are like dogs. We like to sleep all day, we like to hunt, we like to beg, we like to play, and we want the attention.

“Oh come on!” she said with a smile.
No really, most of us are just in denial. We love to have our backs scratched, and we love to be petted, why we go to great lengths for a good petting.

“Petting?” she said her brow furrows.
Like this I said and patted her hand, then ran my fingers up her arm to her neck.

“Down boy.” She declared, her eyes narrowing to slits.
We bark at the moon chase cars and women. We love to get crazy, hoping and howling, always trying to be the loudest dog on the block.

“I think you are exaggerating somewhat.” She frowned
No Men are in most ways like dogs. We like to eat- mostly beef and we even will perform for some kind of treat. We like to run in the pack or become lone wolves.

“Now I can see that.” She said with a grin. “Men have this unspoken bond that is- instinctual- when faced with a problem or a girl friend.”
Ouch I said, Men may seem that they don’t care or become unpleasant when facing adversity, we just see that there are strength in numbers and thus problems can be thus avoided as are girlfriends…

“Is that all men and dogs are?” her sneer came creeping into her smile.
Seeing ther peril I changed my attack and said, We love to be loved and hugged, we loved to be fed and housed But at the same time we want to be kept, we want freedom and desire to run loose but still have a warm bed to return to.

“Oho, you have been exposed, men and dogs sleep around, are unruly and untrustworthy- and-“ She would have continued, but I help up my hand.
Would you let me finish?

“Okay.”  Triumph beginning on her face.
“We are loyal and protective. We want someone to watch over- we will stick around as long as you will let us and..
“And?” She said, eyebrow arching.
We make the best friends.

“Like you?” she sighed, smiling again.
Like me and good old Blue.


some more dogs and men stuff:

The Movie

yes there is even a book







No comments:

Post a Comment