Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rhyme, rap and a reason

Words...
words are like weapons loaded with meaning- can be delivered like screaming
missives of major destruction to the unsuspecting masses in rapid lines like 
synonyms streaming out from the pen to the ears in lightning repetitious time.
What did I say, to make you go away, I only wanted you to stay, from the end
of my sentence to the breaking of the night into day.

I sputter then utter in melancholic mumbling the reasons that I need to 
explain the multitudes of the my meanings, while still managing to find the
breath, get out of my depth, escape the terminal boredom that is death
to the word rapping rhyming I am doing like metric thumping as the keys
on my keyboard keep jumping as letters form words until the fixation
becomes some mass medium modifying the moods across the nation.

Words are my party, I came to get down
words are my party,  I came to take this town.

Rapid rhyming when it works is subliming the adverse use of verse
life so many sentences, it takes some patience to rehearse
shall I keep count, is it necessary to know the amount of words
or syllables so that I can convey the urgency of this my insurgency
upon the senses or the needs of the multitudes morality
over the questions questioning the fatality of mortality.

Words are my passion, I came to throw them down
words are my passion, I came to take this town.

Do we even want to have a reason to get down?
can't it just be the cause of gaining such momentum
as rhyming it with a word like renown?
words are my passion, I came here to get down
I came to take this to the next level
I came to shake the house, I came to revel
in the dance of letters, the method of words
it's all a little strange, its pretty absurd

Words are like metaphors, I came to write them down
words are like analogies, I  am the verb, you- the noun.

Think of it like a "thesauric" form of teasing
there is always a rhyme, rap and a reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment