Tuesday, February 25, 2014

like tears in the rain.

Just a little fall of the sleep that settles upon me like the onset of the night chills
that comes creeping along the edge of my dreams and then slips away
I drowse as my mouse crawls across page after page as if there was a decision
to search rather than the sudden need to just browse. Always looking for something
more than the nothing I feel at this time of night, did I get it right? Did I get it right?

Just like the last time I was touched and with the sudden pressure I felt the rush
of fingertips warm against my back, my mind going back to the thrill to the chills I felt
with the accidental contact of her soft skin- my fingers would brush, then like
maddening  moments that my heart would thrum and by blood would drum until
like plucked feathers falling in dizzying swirls- I would remember that nothing else
could ever make me react to an equation that quantified no answer, no distance,
no resolution, no sum.

Just like the impressions that are left on the piano that sits in my mother's house un-played
I wanted so desperately for that moment to have stayed that somehow there could be
have been something more than the lives that I have wanted to live and since have
found out from where and whence I have strayed. This is not all that it could have been
it's not all I wanted to say or sing or feel like that moment from out of the clouds when
the sun showered down light upon the forest and the openness of the glen as my
train sped by the point that my words would have held no meaning save that they would only
echoes my fears and my tears as the years have traveled on and the light fades now into
what is left like this empty page, a moment of reflection that truly just shows my age

Just like the song that comes in to my mind and the cries that my heart makes when
I remember what she looked like in the gentle fall of the summer rain- I wonder
again if it  wasn't a dream or another song that was sung when I felt so low as to
write down the methods of what I have hoped would seed, would grow. There I found
it and lost it like falling off the trail, left somewhere far behind and now I sit here in the dark
and weep for all that I have left in my mind.


tears in the rain by 14-bis

No comments:

Post a Comment