Sunday, June 1, 2014

I say...you say...

I say that you are the one that I want
without knowing who you are and
then where you will be coming from
and yes, I am a little bit afraid that
when it finally happens that you will
just walk on by me and that I will still
be alone.
You say that I am the type of man that
you have been waiting for all your life.
Am I going to meet the expectations?
Am I the one you will find at the end of
your day after all the madness and all of
the sadness, will be what you want to
call your own?
I say that I was meant to be for someone
just like you that love and gladness would
replace the rainy overcast minutes between
the moments of laughter and the brilliant
bursts of wild disaster that comes with the
exhilaration that changes everything like
our first kiss, the seconds tick by as we
stand together, can the idea of "US" be
engraved in stone.
You say that you can't remember what it
was like before I came along as if our
romance was captured in some catchy
love song. I laugh at you look of irony
but somehow I still think that this feeling
is wrong, that I will open my eyes and
find that you are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment