Thursday, June 26, 2014

Someday...

Someday I will become a metal butterfly
then I will fly away out into the endless star
filled sky, somewhere so very, very high
I know that it is mostly just something like
a lie because my doubts betray my lack
of ambition to even ever give it a try.

Someday, I will get up from this office chair
go away from this dirty city, I will even walk
away from this life, I will go somewhere.
I will ask that person who sits beside me
on the bus/subway/train, and he/she will
look at me in a new way and only our
collective regrets will remain as I dream
about what we will do in my lonely room
I call my brain.

Someday I will get it all so very much right
someday the this rusty caterpillar will crawl
fast enough to glow, then with a spark take
flight, And then, I will soar away from this
questionable reality to fade out of sight
you never know- someday I might.

Someday (a film)
for my brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment