Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Song for Isaac

There were so many things that I should have told you
there were so many truths that should have been true
enough to overcome all the doubts, all of my lies
but I failed to tell them when I first saw you look 
into my eyes.
What am I to do?

There were so many times I should have held you to me
there were so many days that I should have been what I
ought to be
But there were so many buts that if became like never
I would take them all back if I could just be there ever
When will it be time for us?

There wasn't a day that went by when it wasn't rough
there was this one time when I got going -when the 
going got tough.
I should have been there for you, for a day- just one
I should have been there for you, my son.
How can I say sorry enough.

What am I to do?
How can I find the words
that will really prove
that, I did, in fact, love you.
When will it be time for us?
How can i expect you to even trust
any explanation, I have definately
missed that bus.
How can I say sorry enough
how can a child's love be limited
by my own inaction, to be forgiven
that I could show you what I am 
really made of?


No comments:

Post a Comment