Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Promise




I wanted to make you a promise that I would always be there-
kind of crazy to even say, but I think I can manage that
even if I am no longer near.
I wanted to promise more that I could ever be able to deliver-
a grand gesture that showed how I felt about all the love
that you have had to share
I'm sorry but I wanted to have the right words to say
I wanted them to somehow matter to you anyway
I know that the don't meant what I wanted them to be
You just need to know that they really come form me
that it wasn't just this song that reminded me of
my love for you
that all this wasn't another way for me to try to forget
that what little we shared was ever true.
this is how it all came out, not really a whisper
not really a shout, it's what we started and now our
feeling just came out.
I wanted you to know that we are more than just
friends
that I want us to be something more, but it depends
on how you feel about us in the end.
I realize that it is is awkward but I can't think of
the right words to write
how can I bring how I feel into visible sight?
All I can really say- is that if you do really care
then I promise you I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment