Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Piercing the Veil

I stand before this present darkness that separates life from light
it's like looking out into the mists that roll in on the edge of night
a screen of ghosts that drifts in between
a web as silken a thing as what cannot be unseen.

With outstretched hands I long for what was and what could be true
life has been empty in these days since I knew that I had lost you
that I was alone in the now empty rooms
contemplating this my final sense of doom.

Can I anticipate the edge of this veil that blocks my way out of hell
is this solid material or just another fiction fantasy who can really tell
am I really here or is this all in my mind
did I really come ahead, did I leave it all behind?

With my love thrust out I will throw myself against this impassable wall
with my sense of guilt I will not grovel before the challenge, I will not crawl
holding on to the one thing I can truly believe in
I will succeed where I have failed, I will not lose even if I cannot win.


No comments:

Post a Comment