Saturday, July 26, 2014

Waking Life

This morning as I lay in my bed semi dreaming absolute half fantasies
the web of the world I believe in frayed against the one that is without
and the change in gravity pulling me back to the sunlight and shadows
cast by the curtains that can only hope to block some little particles of
that which separates me from them.

Refusing to face the world without I pull the pillows over my head only
to disturbed the woman I dream of sleeping with in my lonely bed
she stirs and shakes as her reality begins to shrink around her and then
with a groan and the briefest of fingertip touches she slips away with the
last detritus of the night along with the now invisible stars and I am left
sprawled on the sheets in silence.

I live in this my waking life in anticipation of chance meetings that refuse
to occur, hoping and dreading that at any moment the woman that I have
longed my whole existence for will turn in the checkout line and talk to me
and I will stand there praying in fervent rushes that my reply will not drive
away this one chance of her being in this reality and that I will never have
to return to my lonely bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment