Sunday, July 20, 2014

Walking into the Light

It went something like this, so read carefully there will be several things
you won't want to miss, the first time I heard it was on a bus and the irony
that hit me rang true with the lyrics I heard coming through my phone- a moment
like an epiphany that kept repeating like that was going to be my ringtone.
and that was when I wondered, not for the first time, if God wasn't one with us.

The next time I remember thinking about it wasn't in a church but rather in
a park in the middle of the night when all the questions one should have should
have been caught up in the dreams that I was avoiding in order to go back to the
moment I spoke my belief out loud and found that being denounced wasn't as bad
as it would seem as if I could no longer play for the team that I had grown up
believing was right, but now I see that I must walk alone out into the light.

Now every time I feel its presence I know that it going to be left up to me to decide
whether I live in fear, eluding the commitment of practicing what I want to believe
since I have nothing and nowhere to hide and why would I want to anyway since
I can walk with him or her or it without judgement or the need for reprieve.
I am going to speak about it, write what i know to be true, I do have to be perfect
I don't have to be right, because now I am walking into the Light.


No comments:

Post a Comment