Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Crissy


Crissy

What was it about you that pulled me to my feet?
What called out to me that sang this song so sweet?
You were a poem that I have always wanted to write
You are a memory now and almost out of sight.

I wanted to love you but it was not to be
I had to let you loose, to set you free.
I had to lose you before I had begun
I had to mourn you like snow under the sun.

You are my metaphors of flowers in an Elysian field
You were an allusion of desires that I wanted to wield.
We were never to be from the day you were born
Separated by sex, our love forever torn.

Still I look back at your memory and smile
We were two together as friends for awhile.
Knowing you were what I had wished in vain
But I would have had to been woman enough to gain.




No comments:

Post a Comment