Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Darkness or Rage


DARKNESS

The darkness grows in the mind
something wakes then smiles in kind.
What can move me to write, to see,
this, the sacred side of insanity.
Darkness deepens moving the rage,
I scream, I cry, I am coming of age.
Rage is maddening; the beast calls my name,
Blood in my eyes burn, burning like a flame
"This is madness!" I cry in my pain
fighting this invasion in my brain


Rage now whispers words of the insane
Love has left, anguish only remains
Blood boils, scorching my veins
until this passion peaks then falls like rain
Torrents crashing to a sudden death
leaving me sobbing and gasping for breath.

Emptiness comes in a semblance of sleep
The fury is spent, silence of sheep
Now in my memory the rage burns
guilt like a glutton to twist and turn
The fear of its dreaded return.
Rage now retreats like that of a bad dream
A moment of madness, mist and steam.
My heart bleeds love, and then the moment is lost
Insanity, yes, this is the inevitable cost.

In the darkness the rage returns to the deep
and once again I wake to tremble, to weep
For the darkness takes the man out of me
I must forever watch or it will get free
leaving the beast howling in the night
to hunger, to run, and to fight.
Now consider, this and what I have said
and think on love, lost in the red.


Dedication to Chris Wiener
"This is to those and those like us,
damned few of us left
and most of them dead.
Thank God!"


No comments:

Post a Comment