Monday, March 26, 2012

Evening Falls on Another Day


Evening falls on another day
He’s slowly slipping from my world
Moving on to the next
I take his hand, it’s cool and doesn’t try to hold my own
His gaze rests on me until I smile, then he turns away.

I search for words
In the small time that’s left
I want it to be meaningful
Something that will explain why
But there is only time
to say goodbye.

I find only tears
A dim reflection of what is in my heart
What would I, could I say
I wish I had known you longer,
That there were more good times
I wish we had laughed some more
Stayed in the park in Paris
Along the river’s quiet shore.

If I could I would assure you
That your smile will always remain
Your eyes afire in the sunlight.
A brighter star in the long night
When the breeze moves the wind chimes
I will hear you calling me
My angel.

I find I have shut my eyes
And as I open them your hand
Grows colder in my grasp
And then like the self same whisper
You leave me one last time.


No comments:

Post a Comment