Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On Passion


Passion

Death before dying
Like tears before crying
Doubts before trying
Like fears before lying.

Your cries echo in our darkness
Your face is painted with sorrow
Rainy blues bitter like my shame
Your tears burn as they fall on my skin
I want to tell you the truth
But it’s hidden in my lies.
I want to give you comfort,
But cannot as you cry

Passion without refrain
As water without rain
Profit without gain
As angst without pain

Every time you push me away
Solitude consumes our bed
My own lust betrays your love
Fear is breaking our hearts

Words have lost wisdom
Then fire loses its flame
Still changing still the same
Guilt is now my name.

This feeling burns in my throat
No words can escape
Nor from this written page
Nor from my mouth or fingertips


No comments:

Post a Comment