Friday, May 4, 2012

Perchance to Dream


Perchance to Dream

If I dared to presume that the inner beauty
I can see hidden in your eyes
Would I be making something out of lies?
If I dared to write words praising
Your flush lips now smiling
Would I be fooling myself of your sincerity defiling?

But if I were to believe in the beauty
I have seen alive in you.
Would you turn your face from me?
And swear it was not true?
If I were to reach out to touch you cheek
Would you shrink away or refuse to look
At me or even speak?

If you were to sleep and in the night find death,
Would my words immortalize you in depth?
Or if it was I to die in the darkness of sleep,
Would you remember my words?
Would you think on me and weep?

To die in our sleep or to sleep in this dying
To wake in the midst of dreaming crying,
Calling out each others name
Are we forgotten, is this our hidden shame?

If I were to kiss your lips afire
With passion red, burning desire.
Would you laugh out loud in fear?
Or shiver at my touch, so passionate, so dear.
If I were to hold you close in sudden embrace
Would you push me away or
Unexpectedly strike me across the face?

If I were to love you without expectation or question
Would you still reject me at such an open suggestion?
If I were to ask you to return this my desperate love
Would you listen to the reasons I try to think of.

If I were to dream of you, my lady in moonlit splendor
So beautiful that no poet could capture nor artist render.
If I were to give you a rosebud so it would bloom
Would you keep it or would send it to its doom.

What I am saying is that I have fallen so much for you
It is something I have always wanted to do.
What I am really asking is for just a chance
To give me this moment for such a thing as a romance.

If I were to grow silent awaiting your answers to my request
Would my words rest in your heart, beating within your breast?
And if you were to grant me this chance to redeem
Than I would find hope the reason to perchance to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment