Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Two Friends

I have known a few good men.
I have had a few good friends.
I have walked in the company of men better than me
I have seen how they could make me free.

One found me in the darkness and brought me into the light.
Another showed me that even the moon shines in the night
One, I have known most of my days
From him I have learned to mend and mind my ways.

One has been my savior and my friend
the other has always been there for me in the end.
One has reminded me to be true
in all the things I say and do.

One has told me often of how precious life can be
celebrating all that is here and now until eternity
Both have been the best among all my friends
both are what I aspire to become again.

One has brought the other back home
He will look after me no matter where I roam
One I know I will see one fine day
but until I do, I can tell him that I still can love.

I loved you always, Ray.



No comments:

Post a Comment