Saturday, May 26, 2012

wordsplay

Words play havoc in my mind every time I sit
down to write them from time to time, bit by bit
until dawn and an idea forms  around the emphasis
on the latter piece of a dream, was it a dream
of just something in my head or I might have read.

Poems are like cesspools of drowning desires
choirs or moments that might have inspired me to
write anything  other than a feeling, looking for rhymes
rhyming rhythm where did I leave the thesaurus
before  I  need to add another word to  this chorus?

Poetry is often  forced out instead of finding  emotion
another way to avoid any notion of decency or drama
making up words would be easier than just looking for
another word that couples with Mama or comma, though
coma has no comparison with anything but  melanoma.

Words  playing with word-smithing, trying to make
this poem move to  make it shake, make me appear
that I am a writer or poet and  not just another snake
do  I have what it takes to not appear like  I needed
4 verses to justify my means to ends not end in 5
lines of sudden cussing  or curses?

No comments:

Post a Comment