Friday, June 22, 2012

Budweiser has nothing on me


Why do we ask why?

Can one escape that dreadful question why?
Realizing it is rather silly to wonder by
So why is blue the color we give to the sky?
Is that a sigh, as we prepare to die?
From the malady of asking the wrong person why
Still I risk all in my desire to sort through the murk
This longing for understanding often irks
Those whose answer are like a shark who lurks
From the smartasses who would become jerks
As a mark of the blessed innocent quirks
Uttering why must one ask if it all just works

Why is why why? Ask in a sudden and savage cry
My heart leaps as my inner voice utters a civil sigh
If all things were even, could pigs have wings and fly
Like the decisions that are made without motives so high
Meaningless judgments passed endless sentences oh my!
Treaties written carefully then on a whim left to die
The travesty and the awful reality of the need to pry
An answer, an ending, closure from the mouths of babes
The words of wisdom spoken by the old man so sly

There must be a response to this ultimate request
Before the other question is to be put to the test
I must try to solve this perilous quest
And put the answer why to its final rest
I will not be threatened into another tight spot
I will not be cajoled or harassed or get hot
I will not fear the run of the foolish desiring lot
That waits to ask the dreadful question
Why not?


No comments:

Post a Comment