Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Dream Interrupted



Warm sheets from nights of passion and desire
Sweat soaks her skin, sweet upon my eager lips
I kissed the small of her back a thousand times
As she trembles and shivers on my wide bed.

I remember long days of sunset anticipation
Longing for our embrace to enclose me
The heat warms the cold, our murmurs soothe me
When we will wreck the sheets and sleep in their ruins

Shackled to the lust of my imagination, I long to sleep
Finding fulfillment through forgotten hope
No love is lost save from the diminishment of courage
How many days until I will see her again?

The hidden art of sex and ecstasy renders again and again
Like a fresco on my ceiling like primal paintings
My fingers dance across her naked shoulders
Our god like action leaves us speechless listening

I hear her short quick breaths and smile at her beauty
She is all I have waited for and so much more
Than I could have envisioned in the darkness
Wondering if this all has been a dream


No comments:

Post a Comment