Wednesday, July 11, 2012

needs work


I saw a Vision.

A woman floated in pools of light
As sunlight through windows misted
Tinting shards glowing against gothic stones.
You moved across the floor of marble glistening
Bearing a candle burning a flame glowing
Towards an altar rising, rising out of the shadows
An architecture dominating the sky.

I saw a vision-
You were lighting candles around you
Casting shadows to every niche, every corner
A hall of darkness ritualistic designing.
You turned and fixed a stare upon me,
Your eyes unblinking, naval and deep
Like midnight waters shimmering on a blue lake
You spoke to the silence that no man can
Hope to hear or live if repeating
Words like songs of music filling
The emptiness of the dominion of man.

I saw a vision of a woman staring at me
As if to question
The validity of the emotions I was feeling.
I looked deeper into the wells of your sight
The gateway to your heart
But I fail to gain entry only to be left wandering
Around your presence in the space.

I reach out to answer your prayer
Although it was not mine to reply or grant
Then in this night I hear my own
Desparate cry and my vision blurs
With tears as I scream alone in my bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment