Wednesday, July 18, 2012

she walks in my dreams


She walks in my dreams, a song of olde English on her lips
She sings Bonny Portmore and Tennyson, Shakespeare and Soul
Somewhere a harp slides out its steel stringed tune
As the fall of her gone moves like silken water across
The shapely curve of her hips
Take from me this moment, take from me any mention
Of this forgotten love, take from my mouth the
Power of the pen and cast them out into the desperate darkness
The promise of beauty, the pleasure of this night
As I walk the streets of New York City clad only
In my poems shimmering like urban mirages in June

She walks in my dreams out of the fogs that no longer roll in still the mists remain
She speaks in a husky whisper of things that we can only share in small rooms
Somewhere an Mp3 player blares out a staccato of sound that decries the city heat
as life shapes itself around her passage and my heart skips its expected beat.
The curve of her cheek, the slope of her shoulder
the way her hair falls down her hear, the smell of
her perfume, the traces of past tears and unfulfilled 
laughter as the Sun surrenders to the darkness of night
the dreams return and my words run dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment